Friday 5 June 2015

Mini Pumpkin Pie Tote.

Hello and welcome back...

Yesterday I made some pretty Thank You cards and I thought they might look good in a Mini Tote, I love making bags and boxes and baskets to put pretty things in... If you look on Pinterest or Google you will find masses of bags, boxes and baskets and different variations of the same thing. This bag is quite popular and I have seen lots of different variations, so I took my favourite bits and made this.....



It is made in the same way as the previous bags I have made, but this one is taller and has different handles, and what bag wouldn't be complete without a bag charm....lol..



The Flower Bag Charm is made using the Flower Flair Framelits and I used some Pumpkin Pie ribbon to attach it to the bag.



Its funny but Orange just isn't my colour but you know what, I love this bag, its bright, its fun, its just gorgeous....

I used Pumpkin Pie DSP and Card Stock, the dimensions for the bag are:
Base is 5" x 2 1/2" scored on all sides at 1/2"
The main part of the bag is 5 1/2" x 12"
Bottom trim is 2" x 12" and cut with the Scallop Edge Punch
Top Trim is 1/2" x 12"
Handles 1" x 8"  



To make the handles take your 1" x 8" strip and round the ends using the corner rounder
(at this point I did the faux stitching which is optional) then I put the strip in my trimmer and scored down the middle about a 1/2" from each end. Then I folded over the middle making sure not to crease all the way to the ends (Just the Middle) then you should have flat ends and a folded middle, glue the middle bit together......then you can attach them to your bag.



I also added some stamped envelopes, I stamped them the same way as the cards but instead of using the large flourish I used the single stem, which I think makes them look rather elegant....

 So there you have the finished bag,cards and envelopes......


And just a s comparison here is the small bag which holds the cute 4" x 4" cards and the new bag which holds A6 (4" x 6" ish) cards.....



Love them, love them, love them.....lol... I hope you do too...

Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X


No comments:

Post a Comment