Saturday 12 September 2015

Turtley Awesome.....Dude...

Woa Welcome back Dudes & Dudettes....

If you haven't seen Finding Nemo you probably won't get the reference, but its turtley awesome....lol. Just like the Turtles on this card....
My friend and fellow demo Sarah Poulton made this gorgeous card HERE and I like it so much I had a hankering to do something on the same lines.. The backgrounds I have been creating using the Acrylic Block Watercolour Technique with Salt, (see previous post for method) had been intended for Christmas cards but looking at some of them they just screamed Ocean......
So I came up with this......

The background colours are Night of Navy and Island Indigo. I stamped the Turtles in the New Basic Black and coloured them using the Blender Pens and Old Olive and Always Artichoke, then I cut them out and covered them with Crystal Effects and left them to dry.


Meanwhile I stamped the little shoal of fishes from the Stamp Set Sea Street on to the background in Versamark ink and sprinkled on Silver Embossing Power and heat embossed them...


I added little specks of glitter using the New Fine Tip Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.


 I popped the Turtles on to the card with Dimensionals..


I matted the background onto a piece of Whisper White which I had stamped Happy Birthday from the Stamp Set And Many More. I added two little crabs from the stamp set Sea Street.


I hope you agree that its Turtley Awesome....



Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment