Friday 30 October 2015

The Wilderness Awaits Birthday Greetings

Hey there, welcome back...

Today's card features the beautiful stamp set The Wilderness Awaits and more specifically the Elk, which is simply gorgeous..

 
I have been practicing my brayering again and I think I'm getting better, I seem to have less lines now and although you can't see very well with the photo my gradients are getting a lot better....

 
I used Crushed Curry and Daffodil Delight for the background, I masked off the sun with a 1 3/8" circle cut from sticky back post it tape, (it comes in a roll and the whole back of the post it is sticky not just the top, so is ideal for this sort of thing.)

 
I stamped the Elk in Basic Black and then used a marker to carefully colour it in black creating a silhouette. I used a White Gel Pen to create the highlights....

 
The ground on which the Elk is standing has been extended to the bottom of the card and coloured and highlighted and some of the Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon wrapped around the card.

 
I just love how this card came out, it will make an awesome male birthday card. 
This card was inspired by one that Michelle Zindorf had created, check out her website for some great tutorials for brayering and sponging...



Hope you enjoyed today's card thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment