Monday 14 December 2015

An Open Heart Calendar

Hello and welcome back...

Well its that time of year again when we start looking at getting a new calendar, so I thought that this week I would share some with you.
Today's is a very simple one and very easy to make.

 
The main thing about this type of calendar is that you choose an image that you are happy to look at all year, which is not a problem with this stamp set, I love this bird from An Open Heart, I stamped it in Basic Black and coloured it in with Soft Suede and Crumb Cake on top and Crushed Curry and So Saffron on the bottom.

 
I used a piece of Night of Navy card stock for the base, you can get two out of one piece of A4, just cut it in half lengthways, then score at 10.5cm, 21cm, 24.5cm and 28cm. Fold score lines and assemble.

 
The mat on the front is Soft Sky and is 10cm x 10cm, I sponged a pale sun or moon and then stamped the foliage in Garden Green, I used  a blender pen to colour in the leaves and berries. I made a fence using the Hardwood stamp and stuck it to the bottom half of the card. Then I stuck the bird on using dimensionals for the body and tombo to stick his feet down.


Finally I stuck a calendar to the fence. These can be purchased from most stationery stores or craft outlets.

 
The calendar can fold flat for posting and mine was not any extra postage to send.


So there we have calendar number one, pop back tomorrow for number two......

All products used are listed below if you would like to order just click on a product to be taken to my on line store open 24/7....



Thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment