Sunday 13 December 2015

Cupcake Christmas

Hello and welcome back.....

Today I have some really cute cupcake boxes with some surprising cupcakes inside!!!! Why surprising? because they are not edible they are wearable! They are actually cute socks in a cup cake case.
 

Don't they look yummy...lol. I got them from a local store, they either have Penguins or Robins on, very Christmassy.... Well as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make cup cake boxes for them.

 
For the base I chose Chocolate Chip Card, and for this box you will need a piece 16cm x 16cm and scored at 8cm on all sides. To make the box strong I cut down one score line on each side, (so cut the first score line turn 90 degrees, cut down the first score line and turn 90 degrees etc ) so when you assemble you have a double thickness of card on each side.

 
For the lid I chose Real Red Card, you will need a piece 14cm x 14cm scored at 2.9cm on all sides, which gives a nice snug fit. Then I used the circle framelits to cut a hole in the top so you can see the contents. I used die number 4 (center one is number 1), then I put a piece of window sheet behind the hole and then assembled the lid.

 
 
For the inside I used a piece of card 14cm x 14cm and scored it at 3.1cm on all sides. I cut a hole using the circle dies as before, then assembled it and put it inside the base, this will hold your cup cake in place.

 
Then you just decorate it, I chose my favourite little Penguins, on two of the boxes I put a Penguin on each side, some with Christmas hats some with scarves. I put Real Red Ribbon around the lid.


For these boxes I used Cherry Cobbler Card instead of Real Red.

 
I made little tags using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch, I cut out a Penguin and stuck it on the tag and added a hat and a sentiment.
 



 So very cute. Ideal stocking filler. Socks are cute too....lol


I have listed all the products used below, today is the last day to order if you want them delivered before Christmas....


Hope you like, thanks for stopping by.....
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment