Wednesday 3 February 2016

Curvy Keepsake Wednesday

Hello and welcome back to another Curvy Keepsake Wednesday...

This weeks box is a real cutie, featuring that adorable little bird from Honeycomb Happiness...



Now it looks a simple enough box and it is, but there's a lot of work gone into it. I started off with cutting out the box pieces from Thick Whisper White card.


I brayered the top of each side with Soft Sky ink, masking off the bottom with sticky notes. Then I brayered the bottom of each side with Pear Pizzazz ink.


I stamped one of the images from the Flowering Fields Stamp set ( a Freebie during Sale-A-Bration) in Pear Pizzazz and colored in the flowers with a white gel pen, then I went over the stems and leaves with a Pear Pizzazz marker to make them stand out more.



I stamped the butterfly in Pacific Point and went over the body with a Basic Black marker and coloured in the wings with Pool Party ink.


The birds I stamped in Crushed Curry ink and brayered over with Daffodil Delight ink, then using a sponge dauber I added some shading with Crushed Curry ink. I went over the beak with a Pumpkin Pie marker and the eyes with a Basic Black marker.


Finally I used my bone folder to shape the birds so they would follow the curve of the box and stuck them on with dimensionals. There are two birds on each box, on opposite sides and two butterflies, on opposite sides.

If you would like to make these little beauties, check out the list of products below, if you need to order anything just click on a product to go to my on-line store.


I hope you enjoyed this weeks box, thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that was a lot of work but what a stunning result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are a lot of fun to create, probably not one to mass produce though...

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous - very well done.

    ReplyDelete