Wednesday 27 April 2016

Curvy Keepsake Wednesday / Day 3 Punch Art Week

Hello and welcome back to another Curvy Keepsake Wednesday...

I have a fantastic little box to share with you today, if you are a follower of Game of Thrones then you will love this box, its a Red Dragon...



I am so loving this little chap, His body is a basic Curvy Keepsake Box in Real Red card assembled in the normal way and I have sponged Real Red ink around all the edges.



His tummy is the Extra Large Oval punch in Cherry Cobbler card, I assembled the head before attaching this to the box. The Wings are the Extra Large Oval shaped using the small Oval punch.


How cute is that tail, its a triangle of card 9 cm x 3 cm, then I used the small Oval Punch to cut grooves in it. I shaped it with a bone folder before attaching it to the box.


For the head I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and cut 2, (one for the front and one for the back) I then used my paper snips and shaped the head by taking a small groove out of each side and one out of the top. Next I punched out a Large Oval and cut a small groove in it to shape the snout. I used the large circle from the Owl Builder Punch to create the nostrils.

For the eyes I used the large circle from the Owl Builder Punch and punched out 2 white and one red. For the Black pupils I used the leaf from the Bird builder punch. I assembled the eyes and added them to the face and then added highlights with a White gel pen.



The ears are the wing from the Bird Builder Punch and the fire coming from his mouth is the birds tail also from the Bird Builder Punch, I cut 2 in Crushed Curry and 1 in Pumpkin Pie. To finish the head I used a small Oval behind the muzzle and then stuck the head to a piece of card 1/2" x 1 1/2" (neck) then to tidy up the back of the head I stuck the second head piece I cut out at the beginning.



All products are available from my on-line store, to order just click on any of the products below.

Product List

I hope you have enjoyed today's Curvy Keepsake Box, thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

1 comment:

  1. This is totally amazing, I absolutely love dragons and there aren't a lot of them on the web. Thanks so much for sharing, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete